CSAC is a community-based coalition of residents, businesses, organizations, professionals, and advocates who work together to reduce substance abuse in Charlestown. Through a unified, collaborative approach, we utilize existing community resources, organize programs to identify needs, and harness the energy and commitment of all to provide a safe, healthy environment in Charlestown.
To decrease and prevent the use and abuse of opiods, alcohol, and other drugs in the Charlestown community.
Areas of Focus
- Change our community norms, attitudes, and behaviors about alcohol and other substance abuse.
- Increase safety of our neighborhood and "quality of life" for all by decreasing the supply of drugs. levels of crime, violence, and other consequences of substance abuse in the neighborhood through collaboration.
- Increase access and resources for successful treatment and recovery from substance abuse for Charlestown residents and families afflicted with addiction.
- Strengthen protective factors and decrease risk factors of families, youth and young adults, through education, prevention, and intervention strategies.
We believe that in order to be successful, we need to identify, assess, organize, and maximize the assets and successes of our community.
We value a collaborative approach that is inclusive of everyone who lives/works in Charlestown. We are committed to:
- Honesty and integrity in our working together towards our mission
- Listening to one another and learning from our successes and failures
- Calling our community to action through outreach, awareness, and a commitment to our mission
- Including youth and parents in the entire process
- Being respectful of, and accountable to, our community